1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION – LIABILITY
1.1 You use this website at your own risk. We believe the information contained in this website to be reliable and correct. The content on our site is provided on an “as is” basis, for general information only. It has not been audited or verified by any third party and is subject to change at any time, without notice. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
1.2 We make no representation or warranty (express or implied) as to the accuracy, completeness or continued availability of the information, materials and data available from time to time on or through this website or that the use of the website is free of risk of viruses or other damage. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protecting software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
1.3 Certain information contained on our site was based on or obtained or derived from Third-Party Information. While such sources are believed to be reliable, we assume no responsibility for the accuracy of any Third-Party Information.
1.4 We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our website, or close it indefinitely.
1.5 To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we do not accept any responsibility or liability of any kind, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the information, materials and data on this website. In particular, unless agreed in writing, we nor any of our directors, officers, employees, agents or sub-contractors shall be liable to you for:
- any direct Loss; or
- any Losses that constitute punitive damages or loss of profits, information, opportunity, goodwill, or reputation, business or anticipated savings, or loss of or corruption of data, or any indirect loss, special or consequential loss or pure economic loss whatsoever; even if the Losses were foreseeable or where it has been advised or are otherwise aware of the possibility of such loss.
1.6 For the purpose these Terms “Loss(es)” means any losses, damages, charges, expenses, claims, actions, liabilities, damages, costs (including legal costs), proceedings and taxes including but not limited to losses suffered or incurred in:
- responding to, disputing or defending any claim, action, liability, demand or proceedings as aforesaid;
- appealing against any judgment, award or decision of any court, tribunal, arbitrator or regulatory or other authority;
- in connection with any investigation conducted by on or behalf of any authority;
- establishing our right to be indemnified; and/or
- in seeking advice as to any claim, action, liability, demand, proceedings or investigation.
1.7 Our total aggregate liability arising from or in connection with these Terms and in relation to anything which a person concerned may have done or not done in connection with these Terms (and whether the liability arises because of wilful default, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to a sum which is 100% of the total aggregate amounts paid to us pursuant to these Terms in the 12 month period immediately preceding the month in which the relevant claim arises.
1.8 The information, materials and data provided on this website are for general information purposes.
1.9 If you are a “consumer” (basically, a private individual), nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer under English law.
1.11 While we endeavour to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. The Internet is not a failsafe means of communication and interruptions to service, through failure of software or hardware outside our control, may occur. We shall not have any liability for any failure in communication or service, however it occurs.
2. MEMBERSHIP FEE FOR FINTECH MEMBERS AND PARTNERS OF PIMFA
2.1 Membership to become a Fintech Member or a Partner of PIMFA WealthTech (“Membership Fee”) requires the payment either of:
- an annual membership Fee in the amount of £600+VAT to be paid on the date of the subscription via direct debit; or
- a monthly Membership Fee in the amount of £50+VAT via direct debit or automated monthly credit card payments via Stripe.
2.2 Regardless which Membership Fee has been selected as set out in clause 2.1 above (if monthly or annual),
- the Membership Fee will automatically renew on monthly or annual basis dependent on the payment type initially selected by me as above; and
- the Membership Fee will be valid for a period of 12 (twelve) months, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Fintech Member or Partner and PIMFA WealthTech. Credit card details are collected over a secure link and the amount verified automatically.
2.3 We will charge the Membership Fee to the payment method that is specified at the time of your registration as a PIMFA WealthTech Member or Partner, upon submission of the applicable application form by you. By becoming a PIMFA WealthTech Member or Partner, you authorise us to charge all sums described herein to such payment method. All Membership Fees set out in clause 2.1 are non-refundable. We reserve the right to change the PIMFA WealthTech Subscription Fee charged for any subscription upon the renewal of such subscription. We will provide you with notice of any fee increase prior to the renewal of the subscription.
2.4 If your payment method fails or your accounts are past due,
- you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand,
- PIMFA WealthTech may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms (this includes charging other payment methods you may have on file with PIMFA), and
- PIMFA WealthTech reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account or designation as a PIMFA WealthTech Member.
3. HYPERTEXT LINKS
3.1 When using an external link, you will be leaving PIMFA WealthTech’s website. Any views and opinions expressed subsequently are not our own.
3.2 Links to third party sites are provided merely for your information and convenience. Providing any such hyperlinks does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement of the content or the owner of such website site nor promotions of any particular service or service provider.
3.3 We do not accept responsibility for the content or the privacy practices of such websites, nor for any transactions between you and such websites, nor for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such other websites.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
4.1 All our materials and documents are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Protection by copyright means that the material or document cannot be copied, reproduced or distributed in any form (paper, electronic or otherwise) without the express written permission of PIMFA WealthTech or subject to any exceptions as set out below.
4.2 All Intellectual Property Rights in all materials on this website are vested in PIMFA WealthTech and/or its licensors and content contributors.
4.3 You must not copy, modify, use or otherwise deal with the whole or any part of this website (in particular, the Data) or any materials you have printed off or downloaded, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text except that you may (subject always to Clause 3.4 below):
- print off one copy or download the Data only for your own personal use (if you are a private individual) or for your own internal business use (in all other cases) and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site
- our materials (including graphs, charts and tables) protected by copyright may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium for research and private study. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. You must identify the source (give the title of the document from which the item is taken) and state that it is our copyright.
- In order to simplify the process and reduce unnecessary administration and delay for re-users of our copyright material, extracts of up to 300 words (including graphs, charts and tables) may be re-used without the need to apply for a licence. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. You must identify the source (give title of the document from which the extract is taken) and state that it is our copyright.
If you do not fall within (a), (b) or (c) above, to reproduce our copyright material, you must apply to us for a licence by email to [email protected] or by writing to PIMFA WealthTech Ltd, 69 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ. All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
4.4 Save to the extent permitted in Clause 3.3 above, under no circumstances are you permitted or authorised to supply or resell the Data (or any part of it) to third parties, or extract or re-utilise any or all of the Data for commercial purposes, without obtaining a licence to do so or the prior written consent of PIMFA WealthTech.
4.5 The copying and use of our logos is not permitted without the prior approval of PIMFA WealthTech.
All trademarks, trade names, logos and graphics on this site may not be used without the prior written consent of PIMFA WealthTech, third party trademarks, trade names, logos and graphics remain the property of their owners who are responsible for any consents required for use.
6. PROHIBITED USES
6.1 You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to our site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of our site or which is otherwise harmful in nature;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains (including without limitation) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
6.2 You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms;
- not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment, server or network on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
6.3 By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
7.1 We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
7.2 Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
7.3 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You hereby indemnify and hold us, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us and our, it or their directors, officers, employees, partners and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and other expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms or other liabilities arising out of your use of our site.
9.1 PIMFA WealthTech reserves the right at any time to amend these Terms without notice to you. We will do so by posting revised terms on this website. It is your responsibility to check these on any future visit.
9.2 These Terms shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising under these Terms or with any non-contractual obligations arising out of it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and, by using this website, you hereby submit to and waive any objections to, the jurisdiction of such courts.
9.4 Wherever used in these Terms, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them below:
“Data” means any information and/or materials (including without limitation statistical materials) contained on this website or made available to you in connection with this website from time to time
“Intellectual Property Rights” means trademarks, trade and business names, domain names, copyright and moral rights, rights in databases, patents, rights in confidential information and all other intellectual property rights (in each case whether registered or unregistered and including applications for any of the foregoing) and all rights or forms of protection having equivalent or similar effect to any of the foregoing which may subsist anywhere in the world; and
“Third Party Information” means data published or prepared by other parties.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on our site, please email [email protected]
PIMFA WealthTech Limited (“PIMFA WealthTech”, “we”, “us”, “our”)
A company limited by guarantee
Registered Office: 69 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ
Registered: in England and Wales
Registration Number: 13806125